She Walks in Beauty by Caroline Kennedy

images (24)I love poetry, and I especially love Caroline Kennedy's collection of poems that inspired her during her lifetime. This anthology captures the essence of being a woman at different stages in our lives, falling in love, breaking up, marriage, having children, working, growing old, and death. These ordinary moments seem extraordinary by poems that evoke emotion, insight, and clarity.
Caroline's mother, Jacqueline, had her children give her poems every holiday. What a wonderful idea! I wish I had started this tradition when my daughter was young, but it is not too late to start! Jessica, for Christmas please give me a poem that resonates with you, I will treasure it always.

 

~Julie Hildebrand

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New Books


Recent Posts

Recent Comments