Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Labels: ,

eat pray loveI listened to the audiobook version of this using the Kansas State Libraries new system. In Eat, Pray, Love Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success (marriage, house in the country, career) and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. This book really touches your heart on all levels. It is funny, sexy, and heartbreaking all at the same time. I found myself really connecting with Elizabeth and what she had been through. Most of all her book is inspiring, it made me rethink my life and the path I was on, and encouraged me to seek out the things that made me happy instead of what made me rich or successful. I even started learning Italian because of the way she spoke of the language. It truly made me laugh and cry. I highly recommend this book, especially for women who are confused by their choices or are looking for the inspiration to be more than what society has pressured us to be. Although we can't all travel to different countries for spiritual and emotional enrichment, we can definitely use her story as a guide to find our own path to happiness.

 

~Kriztina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New Books


Recent Posts

Recent Comments